Posted By James

5 Ways To Strengthen Your Faith In God
Number 1. Read the Bible
Romans 10:17 says 'so then Faith comes with cometh and hearing by the word of god' god will speak to you through his word, sometimes when you read the Bible you come across a scripture that is going on about something to do with your life. And it encourages you and strength things your faith, it could be a Bible promise. There are many wonderful promises in the Bible sometimes God will convict you of your sins. Hebrews 4:12 says 'for the word of god is quick and Powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a defender of thoughts and intents of the heart'. Gods word is like a sword that is able to cut open and divide and make everything open to gods view. Even your most secret and hidden thoughts. And it will bring conviction to you if you are doing something wrong or cherishing any sinful thoughts or desires, it's best to tell God all of your own sins. Also, the Bible can give you some belief that everything is going to be ok.

Number 2. Pray
When Jesus was about to deliver a boy from demonic depression in Mark chapter 9 he told the boys father in verse 23 'If thou canst believe, all things are possible to him that believeth'. verse 24 catches the father's response, 'And straight away the father of the child Cried Out, and said with tears, Lord, I believe; help thou mine unbelief'. The lesson here for us is that if you have a lack of faith you can pray about it and God will strengthen your faith.

Number 3. Study Bible prophecy
Studying in Bible prophecy is something that had a big impact on me in terms of strengthing my faith, and not mine only, prophecy has helped countless Christians become stronger in their faith there are a couple of different types of prophecies that really helped me and I'm sure that will help you as well and those are messianic prophecies and end times prophecies there are numerous Old Testament prophecies about the Messiah that Jesus Christ fulfilled, for example, Isaiah 7:14 says 'Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; behold, a virgin shall conceive, and there is sun, and shall call his name Immanuel'. After the Virgin Mary became pregnant with Jesus Matthew chapter 1 verses 22 to 23 said that was a fulfilment of Isaiah 7:14. Matthew chapter 1:22-23 says 'now all this was done, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the lord by the prophet, saying, behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us'. These are just a few of the numerous Messianic prophecies from the Old Testament that Jesus fulfilled there are at least 60 major messianic prophecies and the probability that Jesus just 8 of them is 1 in 1000000000000000000000. How was the Bible supposed to know about all this thousands of years in advance?

Number 4. Witnessing
After his Resurrection Jesus told his apostles in Mark chapter 16:15 'go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature'. This condition applies to every believer we all have a responsibility to witness for Jesus, and when you witness for Jesus you allow God to use you to share the gospel, this is very encouraging and will strengthen your faith because you will see how he works through you and changes the lives you share your faith with. Now, not everyone will accept Jesus but when they do it's a joyful experience and encourages you to keep spreading the gospel.

Number 5. Make Christian friends
When you have Christian friends you can have conversations with each other about God which will strengthen your faith, also if you're going through some difficulties or seeking Direction in your life your Christian friends can give you godly advice and pray with you which also helps that reminds me of Proverbs 27:17 which says 'as iron sharpens iron, so one person sharpens another'.